Our Family

Our Family
All or most of us

Friday, November 16, 2012

Holiday....mmmm....

Holidays are rare for us, alone or with all of the family, but, the last couple of months have been a little more extraordinary than usual.  We have had family (five, with babies) living with us because of extenuating circumstances, an anniversary, which meant visitors from Australia, and just the normal organized chaos that exists in a family the size of ours.

My mum, still living in Australia, is not well, and continues to have "spells" and falls, all of which are worrisome at the very least because I am here, and it is a very long way home.  So, with all of this on my plate, as well as other "stuff between my toes" my honey and I are trying, yes, trying, to have a few days on our own.  It really is a romantic notion, because, there are phone calls, texts, more phone calls, emails, more phone calls, more texts just to keep everyone up to date, out of bed, doing jobs, and knowing where and when to drop this child or the other one.

I give up!!!  But, I will, under every difficult circumstance, take the opportunity when given to get away, even if only physically, for a few days with my amazing husband.

Ah!  Next week, Franklin, pick up Isaiah, and Thanksgiving, with a hundred and ten or, Ok, I am exaggerating here, but sometimes it feels like that.  I hope I get to eat what I cook.  More so, I hope I get to eat what the others bring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment