Our Family

Our Family
All or most of us

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Real Issues

Well life has been busy, no, let me correct that, chaotic.  End of year at school is always hectic, but it seemed more so this year with ballet shows, musical theatre for both my company and BAPA, recital, field day, it just seemed to go on and on.  On top of that, I had music commitments of my own, writing deadlines, and mum duties, the most important.  Grandbabies being born, other family crisis situations that always need Mum and Dad's attention, pool motors burning out, pool parties for all and sundry for birthday parties and end of year parties, Mother's day (yeah that's a laugh, isn't that every day?), my own mother and father in health troubles all the way back in Australia, with no possibility of me leaving, guilt over that, teenagers needing learning licenses, gym calling somewhere way back in the foggy part of my brain, and maybe least, but most for me, older kids needing Mum to babysit overnight, a pleasure not a chore, except, I am going to crawl to church next week if I have to.  Thank God for IPad's and free editions of the whatever bible edition you want.  It maybe somewhat personal, but my Ipad is in the bathroom where I, mostly, sometimes if I am lucky, cannot be interrupted from reading scripture when I am desperate for it.

I am living in a memory of where I remember when my older kids reached teenagedom I realized that the kitchen was not my own, their bedrooms, as well as other rooms in the house, were subject to utter chaos with clothes, books, left over what ever, and my days of containing them in a room, gated of course, where I could control mess, was over.  I am back there, only two and a bit times over.  The first lot measured four, the second, nine.  My coveted, (yes,repentance is in order) 6 burner, flat grill Viking range, is also coveted by five, yes five, avid chefs who refuse to clean up after themselves.  They see me seamlessly cook Chinese, Indian, my famous breakfast potatoes, eggs, etc, and experiment with some of the same, and some of whatever, but clean up?  That's what mother's are for, aren't they?  I think not, but my impressions of this upon them are not working.  I may be reduced to something like a strong broth before the end of summer.

Then there are real kid issues where real prayer without humor is necessary. A rescued child who is not making it in the real "America", a grand child who may be on the Autisic scale, not a real biggie because we have an Aspergers child, but, a situation where comic relief is impossible.  As Forest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolates", so true, but sometimes the flavors are not what you expected.  Am I glad that God is Good, God is real, and God is here, available, to give comfort, help, and encouragement into what seem like a cloudy future, but not to Him, who sees and knows all things.  I pray my vision will clear.  Maybe my new contacts will help with that???

No comments:

Post a Comment