Our Family

Our Family
All or most of us

Friday, June 6, 2014

Trials

The last few months have been sort of out of a movie.  So, here I am to catch everyone and I guess myself, up to date.  Lets start at the beginning (a very good place to start....sorry).  January, Isaiah calls to come home for a visit as he went to his sisters place for Christmas, because he had turned 18 and, I really needed the break.   Now he needs to come home, so I am trying to put aside any plans to accommodate because I do understand he is still, after four years, in a precarious position.

I arrive, after two and a half hours driving in the snow, to pick him up.  I am in a hurry, it is winter, the roads are icy, I am in the mountains, just want to pick him up and get him back for the weekend.  Long story cut short? He has been grounded for something we had continually  told him about.  Not only grounded, but about to be expelled, not go to the next level of training because he knew better.  I did not know what emotions I was supposed to have.  He was exuding charm (that is what he does when he is in trouble) but it was not going to cut it this time.  He was out.  Two weeks is what he had left to find a job, finish his GED and get his drivers license.   After that, I drove back on the icy roads alone, wondering if I could have done anything more to make this kid understand.  I reached the conclusion that our family had done all we could, time to move on, let him work it out.  Tough love, tough decisions, but after all that had gone down in the last few years, it was time to look out for others in the family.

His sister had been very vocal about having Isaiah, so realizing that he was not going to follow house rules, I decided that was best for him.  Surprise!!  He was sent to a job organized by his former adoptive, abusive father, in about two days.  After getting over the guilt etc, I realized that maybe we have to fall to rise.  He called me Mother's day.  He is on the rise.

I don't speak much on this blog about the others, all eight at home, but, we are in teenager years, and just recently seven out of our eight met their biological families.  Four (two sets of twins) did great.  I am so blessed that they have found Nana, Paw Paw, aunts, cousins and brothers and sisters.  We have become an extended family united with Christ.  Then there is another three, twin brothers and a sister by another father.  Cut it short, disaster.  The last two months have been like I lost, like in died, two kids.  It has been a journey of prayer, believing that He will prevail, and standing on the rock.

But God does prevail, in good times and in bad.  I ended up coming to the place to stop being angry and confused (nothing in that is God) and realizing that I had to forgive, understand, and pray, not only for my twins, but for the very people who manipulated them out of our house.  Well, no surprises here what the result is.  One is home, the other will be in time.  I have learned faith, patience, and above all Jesus rules.  It is not finished yet, but by prayer it will be and I know I have the faith to believe in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment